Friday, September 21, 2012

False alarm

Yesterday I went to the doctor for an emergency appointment because I was having more contractions than I was comfortable with and was worried about preterm labor.  Thankfully, it was a false alarm but I could tell that something wasn't right and I was in a lot of pain.  The test results came back and I have two infections causing the contractions.  Some of the pain is being caused by a bladder infection and some of it is due to a hernia I have developed from carrying twins. We also discovered this week that I'm more anemic than I was a month ago.  Fortunately, the infections can be knocked out with antibiotics, the contractions have stopped with bed rest (which I'm on for at least 48 more hours) and the anemia can be fixed with more iron supplements.  The hernia we will deal with later. Although it is painful, it does not add any risk to John and Sam so I am thankful for that! 

On my way to the doctor I was strangely calm. I listened to "How Great Thou Art" in my car over and over again and prayed.  I was scared that my boys might be coming very early and that both of their lives were at risk. I started praying that this would not be the case but then I asked myself, "What if this is His will?"  Before I could think about it my lips whispered, "I will not be moved." 

I was so relieved in that moment. I knew that I would be scared and sad if this was the Lord's will but I was also confident that my resolve in His goodness and plan would not be shaken.  This knowledge has made me stronger and more capable of facing what lies ahead.  The Lord knew I needed this experience to help calm my anxiety about delivery day, whenever that may be.  I am blown away again by his providence.

Psalm 62:5-8

Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
    for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
    He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
    Pour out your heart to him,
    for God is our refuge. 

I need your prayers to get through the next 2 months and 12 days, until December 3rd! Please continue to pray that I make it at least 73 more days and that all of these temporary health issues are resolved quickly!

Love, Krystle

2 comments:

  1. So glad this ended well! Praying for you all- love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal, you have never met me, but your grandpa kirchmeyer and my grandma kirchmeyer-connally were brother and sister. So, that makes us like 2nd or 3rd cousins...I want you to know I am praying for all of you and am so thankful it was a false alarm. Your blog is an inspiration and such a "witness" to everyone. I would like to share your blog with y Facebook friends in order to get the prayer circle widened. Only with your permission, of course. I know it is a personal matter.

    ReplyDelete