Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Worry



There are only 43 days until December 3rd. I get excited and nervous thinking about that.  One month and 12 days is not very far away at all, and I know it will speed by with the election and Thanksgiving.  I have been focused the past 3 months on doing everything that needs to get done before delivery day...I've had meetings, made lists, packed hospital bags, Maggie bags, snack bags, re-packed bags, arranged plans (and back up plans!) and read way too many books. Now I've run out of things "to do." I've been asking Lene' and my mom, "Can you think of anything I haven't done yet?" and it's kind of driving me crazy.  I don't think you can ever prepare for something like this but my head tells me I cannot be prepared enough. I felt anxious when I had 20 things to take care of and now I feel worried that I don't have any big things left to accomplish.  I think the 'doing' has helped me feel like I have a little bit of control in all of this..... I think I hear God laughing! :)

One thing Christian and I have discussed quite a bit is stress and worry.  He reminds me that anxiety and stress will make you unhealthy and hurt your body.  It's true - we've seen the physical toll stress takes on ourselves and family members but how much more of a strain is it on our spiritual health?  This morning I was praying that the Lord take away the anxiety of “things to do” and I was reminded of the below passage. These are beautiful and practical words straight from Jesus: 



Matthew 6: 25-34
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

I was convicted this morning of the fact that when I am consumed with worry, I am really questioning whether God can handle this on His own. Why does He need me to be anxious about anything when He's already determined His plan for my life? My stress is not going to change what happens but my prayers could. Acknowledging my anxiety, telling God about it and then making a conscience decision to leave it at His feet is the best thing I can do for myself and my family.  This morning it felt too big to give the Lord all my anxieties about being 'prepared enough' for the hospital so I just prayed that I do not worry about it anymore today.  So far, I haven't, and that is a blessing.  After all, "Today's trouble is enough for today."

I do not go back to Dr. U until November 1st and Dr. B until November 5th.  I will be over 32 weeks by then, which is a huge praise! Babies born at 32 weeks do very well, so every week after 32 is great. Thank you for continuing to pray that I stay pregnant until December 3rd. 

I am praying today that everyone who reads this is able to let go of whatever stress or worry they are carrying in their heart.  I know it is not easy but I also know you will have more peace and comfort once you give it to God.

Love, Krystle  

1 comment:

  1. You continue to blow me away, not just by your strength and words, but by your encouragement to US, when we should encourage you. I've always loved that passage (we are such a society of STUFF)... thank you for that reminder about today's worries. PRAYING FOR DEC. 3!

    ReplyDelete