Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prayers needed

Family and friends, I need your prayers. I have been having contractions and some signs of preterm labor this week.  I went to see Dr. U this morning and initially he said everything looked great. I'm only 20% effaced and he said he could see me making it another 3 weeks.  He did a fetal fibronectin test and sent me home with orders to stay in bed as much as possible.  Dr. U called me back around 1:30pm this afternoon and said that the fetal fibronectin test came back positive, which means that my body is getting ready for labor.  A negative result means that you have a less than 5% chance of delivering in the next week or two. A positive result means that the FFN protein is present and you have a high chance of going into labor in the next week.  Dr. U called Dr. B and they decided that the best action was for me to head into Dr. B's office for a corticosteroid injection to help the boys' lung develop as much as possible before delivery.  The steroid is given in two injections 24 hours apart so I will be going back tomorrow for my second dose.  I am not 32 weeks until Sunday, I won't be 34 weeks until November 19th and, as you know, I won't be 36 weeks until December 3rd. I've been praying so expectantly to not have these boys until December 3rd. I know you have joined me in that prayer.  God is bigger than medicine and I know He can delay delivery until December 3rd but according to my doctors, it would be a huge blessing to still be pregnant at Thanksgiving.  I will be on bed rest at home until I go into labor.  I'm heartsick and scared this afternoon and need your prayers that my boys remain safe and that my anxious heart is calmed.   I'm holding fast to the promise below: 
“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.” Matthew 7: 7-10

I've shared this before but my most frequent prayer over the past 3 months has been for the Lord to keep my babies safe and pain-free, and also for them to know how much I love them.  I have no doubt that they feel my love, and as of right now, they are safe and pain-free so I will praise His name for that.  Thank you for being my prayer warriors!

Love, Krystle

10 comments:

  1. Deuteronomy 31:8
    "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I hope your boys are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Krystle - we've never met, but I'm friends with Christian. I'm praying for you and your precious boys. You have been so strong and so positive, and your commitment to your faith inspires me to be more committed to mine. You are doing so well, and even though I don't know you, I'm so proud of you! Jenny S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I really appreciate your sweet comments and your prayers for my family. I hope we meet one day! Love, Krystle

      Delete
  4. When I saw Lene yesterday (in all the Track n Field mayhem), this hadn't happened and I haven't logged back on until now. I will be praying, Krystle. I gave your sister a big hug and all the love one can muster in a gym full of chaos. I am praying for you and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete