Monday, December 3, 2012

Remembering John

The past 6 days have been beautiful, awesome and painful.  When I feel up to it I will blog about the time leading up to delivery and the birth of our boys.  For now, I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers. They sustained us and allowed us peace and joy in a remarkable situation. We were surrounded by Christ's love and able to enjoy every second with John.  I experienced joy and absolute love during their delivery. I was able to smile at John and tell him everything I wanted to. He was held by each of his grandparents and his aunts and uncles that were present.  John was never in pain and passed peacefully from this world in my arms.  Our John Kay was 4 lbs 12 oz and 14.5 inches long, much bigger than expected!  Samuel Christian is 4 lbs 11 oz and 18 inches long and such a good baby. He loves being held and snuggled by his mama. We were discharged yesterday afternoon and I'm so thankful that Sam was able to come home with us.  Leaving the hospital without John was difficult. Maggie  is so happy to have us home and she's been a very helpful and loving big sister so far. 

We will be celebrating John's life this Saturday, December 8th at 2pm at Lake Hills Church, www.lhc.org.  We would love for you to join us as we remember our sweet boy.

Love, Krystle

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about y'all and have been on my knees praying and will continue to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you both are home and doing well! I am continuously praying for you and your family and I will be thinking about you all on Saturday as you celebrate John, his life and the beautiful impact he has made in your family and many other's lives! I sure wish I could be there, but please know I'm lifting you all up in prayer. Enjoy Sam, because he's gonna grow SO FAST and Maggie will grow up even faster now that she's a big sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in his farewell, John impacted my life. Thank you for the chosen songs you and Christian had the worship team play; for the way you graciously let us see glimpses of your precious baby boy; for opening your home. He will always be a special blessing to me. And I'd never heard that song that was sang last... it was beautiful and I love it now. You are a fellow mama of boys (I call your sister this) and so you know all about how a little man can have your heart in a way unlike any other! Thank you again for opening your heart all these months here, and letting John minister to the hearts of so many, and impacting lives in such a huge way!!!

    ReplyDelete